Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Pantone

So Pantone have named their colour of the year as 'Tangerine Tango'. I have to say I've never been one for any shade of orange really, interiors or fashion, and whilst the orange shade in these rooms is not on the reddy side of this Pantone colour, it is just enough 'tango' for me. I suppose that means I must be more of a Soft Satsuma type!!

The image above left is taken from the beautiful house tour on Design Sponge of jewellery designer, Jennifer Sarkilahti, whose rooms seem to flow seamlessly into one another.
Don't get me wrong, I think 'Tangerine Tango' has the effect that was intended, 'to provide the energy boost we need to recharge and move forward,' but in terms of translating fashion to interiors, I'm very much veering more towards the pastels we saw on the runway for S/S 2012. I think the softer orange shades work fantastically as colour accents within a muted pink or lilac scheme. 


Lemon, however, would still be the shade of choice I'd team with pastels in my own home!
Are you loving the trend for tango?

Images (clockwise from top left) via: Design Sponge, The Plush Pad, scanned from World Of Interiors (Dec 2011), Daily Imprint

No comments:

Post a Comment