Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

The Hallway


Finally, here are some snaps which I've been promising you, beginning with our entrance hallway. I thought I'd break it down into rooms over the next week or so, rather than bombarding you all with the hundreds of photos I've taken on my phone. 


On the lookout for a nice console table to display and store bits and bobs...yes keys, I will not lose you underneath piles of crap anymore!! Oh and I couldn't write this post without mentioning the jaw dropping entrance of Jenna Lyons' home, right. What a doorway!!


Removing the internal partition instantly made a huge difference to the space and it really took it from 'office' to 'home'. Removing the fire exit signs probably helped too!! 


I love a classic black and white staircase and we'll be incorporating this into our hallway, whilst adding decorative touches and colour in some form or other. Can't beat a statement floor.


Next on the agenda - sourcing some reclaimed doors for the entrance to the living/dining room on the right and a half glazed door for the lobby. Even though there's still quite a bit to be done on this floor, the kitchen and living room are the nearest to being completed (well, nearly dirt and dust free), so it would be nice to close this area off until the rest of the house catches up! 

We had the kitchen floor sanded today too - progress! Will show you tomorrow. x 

Images (clockwise from left) via: Greige, source unknown, Accessorize & Organize, From The Right Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment