Pages

Monday 24 October 2011

Progress


The laying of the carpet was finished today. We opted for a durable coir from Kersaint Cobb with a herringbone pattern. We had thought about simply painting the floors, but with extending our office into the basement we decided to go for the warmer option!!

With regards to the decor I'm looking to keep it simple, opting for a classic black & white combo with the addition of some natural textures. I don't think I could ever tire of this look and it's versatility. Like most people, I'm prone to phases of being drawn to particular shades and colour combinations, so for me, keeping the bones of a space fairly neutral is a must, to which I can accessorise and add colour depending on what's inspiring me at the time. 



I've had the image above in my 'workspaces' file for a long time, still not sure of the source unfortunately (so please help out if you can!) but I love how the simplicity of the room lets the decorative furniture do the talking. Simply replacing the flowers and type of vase would be an easy, yet effective update to the space.


All in all, some lovely workspaces where I'd feel right at home.


Images (clockwise from top): The New Anthology, Solid Frog, {oops!}, Sacramento Street, Mackin Ink

3 comments:

  1. Well welcome back to the world of blogging Lex! I have missed you and wondered what had happened. But thank you for dropping me a comment the other day, so I could rediscover you again.

    Have to say that exciting things are on the cards for you at the moment! All quite thrilling! I am really looking forward to following the progress of doing up the Victorian splendor and seeing what you are going to do with it.

    Adore each and every one of these images in this post. Right down my street. Although you know I had to laugh the other day when my builder was doing some work on my own house and he asked what colours I was going to use. "Oh, black and white" I said. He laughed and said "oh you architects, all your houses are always painted black and white." Eeks! We have been found out!

    My favourite image is the one with the lost source - could stare at that all day! Virginia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Virginia for your sweet comment. It was a lovely start to the day, so thank you so much!

    Yes things are very exciting over here at the moment....very dusty too but I'm not complaining!!!

    Sounds like we're on the same wavelength with regards to the black and white! You can't go wrong with it can you?...just like a little black dress!

    Love the conversation you had with your builder....I did the same with my mum when she was asking for advice on her own house renovations, except my answers were always varying shades of grey!

    Well, hopefully my office will be along the lines of one of these beauties, fingers crossed! Lex xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alasan Kenapa Kamu Harus Bermain Judi Di Museumbola
    * Permainan Lengkap dari A sampai Z
    * Opsi Deposit Banyak Seperti Bank, E-Cash , PULSA
    * Semua Rekening Bank termasuk Bank Daerah Bisa Di Daftarkan
    * Bonus Banyak
    * Deposit 2 Menit
    * Withdraw 5 Menit Paling Lama
    * Cs Professional 24 Jam Online

    Daftar Slot Online
    Link Alternatif Museumbola
    Judi Bola Online
    Slot pulsa tanpa potongan
    Demo Slot Habanero

    ReplyDelete