Pages

Monday 31 October 2011

Features


From the moment we knew we were taking on this project, we've both been keen to re-instate as many features as possible throughout the house which had been lost. We're looking to install working fireplaces in the living areas but decorative fireplaces in the bedrooms are also on my wishlist. Let's see how many I can get away with!!


I snapped the photo on the left at a local fireplace dealers a few months ago. I'm pretty certain the daisy fireplace was late Victorian and tended to be used in the bedroom so I'm really keen to use these in the house - I'm just hoping they have some on my return trip! We also snapped up the other on a visit to one of our regular shopping haunts. Whilst the detailing is definitely more Art Deco, I fell in love with this fireplace and can't wait to get it cleaned up.

Images via: Rue Nicolo, all others my own.

2 comments:

  1. Well I get wobbly knees with any kind of Art Deco detailing - so I have no problem whatsoever with mixing up the history here in fitting out the house! And besides, it stops it from becoming a museum or shrine to a particular point in time, whereas an old house actually has lots of history, and I think that is what makes them interesting.

    Gorgeous pieces, but the Deco is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alasan Kenapa Kamu Harus Bermain Judi Di Museumbola
    * Permainan Lengkap dari A sampai Z
    * Opsi Deposit Banyak Seperti Bank, E-Cash , PULSA
    * Semua Rekening Bank termasuk Bank Daerah Bisa Di Daftarkan
    * Bonus Banyak
    * Deposit 2 Menit
    * Withdraw 5 Menit Paling Lama
    * Cs Professional 24 Jam Online

    Daftar Slot Online
    Link Alternatif Museumbola
    Judi Bola Online
    Slot pulsa tanpa potongan
    Demo Slot Habanero

    ReplyDelete