Pages

Friday 20 August 2010

On a whim

Some days, ideas just pop into my head.
Ideas with subsequent actions that aren't important and definitely not on my list of priorities, but one's which I seem to have to act on there and then!

Today I thought it would be a great idea to paint our front door red. Yes....red! Pillar box red in fact. Red, which I have always said I wasn't a huge fan of in interiors.

I think it must have been in the back of my mind since reading this article on the amazing home of stylist, Marie-Christine Nourry in the August edition of Homes and Gardens.


I seem to have been doing a lot of glosswork in the office
recently too, perhaps enough to start kidding myself that I was even a pro! Once I started painting, I began to realise why we always leave it to the decorators, or more often than not, my dad - painter extraordinaire!!!! I have to admit I am a bit of a perfectionist but even so, red gloss is a slightly different matter to white gloss. Definitely no room for pesky mistakes..which I learnt today!

Providing it's not a huge disaster, I'll keep you posted.x

No comments:

Post a Comment