Pages

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Olivier Gagnère


This stunning image of designer, Olivier Gagnère's Parisian apartment graces the cover of the April 2010 issue of Elle Decor and sits permanently on my desk in the office. It was also this image which encouraged me to start experimenting with colours I would not necessarily use in my own home. 

Red was one of these colours, and lilac the other. Both of which I was never very fond of with regards to decor. However, I think they both work fantastically well here alongside the orange, a really unique colour combination.

I do believe the secret to making rooms like these work, is choosing the correct shade for the walls...a solid base from which these individual colours can come into their own.

Farrow & Ball's Elephant's Breath is one of these colours in my opinion and hugely versatile.  It seems to work with a wide variety of colours and is the shade I've managed to combine with red accents in our current hallway without cringing!


It's currently at the top of the list to paint our living room in the new place as I love it that much, so all that's left is the exciting task of choosing what to pair it with. I'll keep you posted. x

All images via: Elle Decor

1 comment:

  1. Alasan Kenapa Kamu Harus Bermain Judi Di Museumbola
    * Permainan Lengkap dari A sampai Z
    * Opsi Deposit Banyak Seperti Bank, E-Cash , PULSA
    * Semua Rekening Bank termasuk Bank Daerah Bisa Di Daftarkan
    * Bonus Banyak
    * Deposit 2 Menit
    * Withdraw 5 Menit Paling Lama
    * Cs Professional 24 Jam Online

    Daftar Slot Online
    Link Alternatif Museumbola
    Judi Bola Online
    Slot pulsa tanpa potongan
    Demo Slot Habanero

    ReplyDelete