Pages

Monday 1 November 2010

A taste of Persia











Well hello November!!
I realise I was not around much last month and I had mainly been spending evenings helping out here.

Yes, my mum and dad have finally had all their furniture taken out of storage, and whilst I haven't enjoyed having a load of my old junk being dumped on me, it's been lovely unpacking items which have been in the family for years and remind me of days in my old homes. One such item is a lovely Persian rug which sadly spent years rolled up in their old garage (as it had a piece missing in order to fit round a fireplace at some point! - The things people do!!!) You can just see it in the bottom picture here.

Mum has decided to have it cleaned up and made into separate smaller rugs which I think is a nice idea. I also think a patchwork like this would be a great use for it too!

I love the use of the Persian rugs in these homes.


Images (from top) via: Frederik Vercruysse, Unknown, Nice Room, Living Etc, Unknown, Unknown, Design Sponge, Nice Room, A Merry Mishap, Nice Room, Color Sizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment