Pages

Tuesday 5 October 2010

One week on

Here I am again, writing my post following another upholstery class.
Hopefully there won't be a full week till my next post this time!

So, this is what I'll be tackling next.
So far, I've stripped it back and think I'll ebonise the frame.

I'm thinking of using a nice rich velvet for the upholstery as I want to retain a classic feel to complement the age of the chair.

I particularly love the fabric on the seat pad above, available from Linwood.

Their fabrics are ideal for what I'm looking for...the velvets for a traditional feel, with a contemporary twist through the use of pattern and they also have a lovely range of colourways. I'll let you know what I decide!

1 comment:

  1. The fabrics on the sofa are heady, sensuous and luscious - yum. Even though it would obviously be most uncomfortable to sit on, I rather like your chair exactly as it is - wonderful textures - as more of a sculpture than a seat...

    ReplyDelete